mandag 21. desember 2015

2.32 What about that happy ending



     Effie didn't want to make one single mistake, even a small one: Are you sure you're okay with it?    They had stayed together for many years, and he wasn't willing to give her up. Not without a fight that was. She hadn't said anything against it exactely, but she wasn't the only one he could loose.
     I still think it's a good idea, Marea tried to reassure him again: I won't ask you to choose between us if that's what you're worried about.


     So you're actually fine with it? He asked her one more time, just one more trying to see signs she might be hiding from him. Not that she'd done that before, but one could never be to careful.
     Sighing and pulling a face at him, she said: I've already told you I'm fine with it Twiggy. Now stop nagging or I'll get angry. She didn't care if it was his birthday or not, how many times did she have to listen to him asking. She'd answered him already! Gah, boys were so annoying.


     Not that Efraim would ever admit it, but he was nervous about aging up. He'd be the first one to leave this massive nest of testosterone. What if he screwed up and all his plans just went down the drain? What if he had to move back in after failing miserably! Maybe he should stay with them until he was sure he'd gotten a stable job and income. Just to be on the safe side.


     No, he couldn't. He was pretty sure he'd get the job he applied to, and if he was to get where he wanted at the right time, he had to start now! He was going to get a house, marry Marea and have children; two or three. He was going to make a good living and buy her lots of pretty stuff, spoil their future kids rotten and be a good husband and father. And more importantly, he was going to keep her safe! No way were their kids going to grow up without a mum like he had to.
     Not that he was mad about it any more, even if it still was unfair. But he didn't wish it on anyone. Especially his own kids.


     Domino was not impressed with all the noise, and didn't get what the fuss was all about. He didn't like it when he wasn't the centre of attention.


     He didn't grow up to be a looker, but Marea seemed impressed enough atleast. Turned out aging up wasn't so scary after all.


     After the guests had helped themselves to cake, and things slowed a bit down, Effie had a private conversation with his father. Joe couldn't help but wonder how his son had turned out so great with him as a dad though. But maybe that's what all parents thought.
     Effie started: So dad, I've been thinking.... Pulling a deep breath he continued: Marea and me have decided on moving in together, and we would love to have you come live with us.
      Joe couldn't help but beeing a bit surprised, he remembered Marco and Oriana living together with their parents, but that family had never been normal.


     Effie, I'd love to, he said with sincerity: But you know I'm a lot better now. It's not right that you and your girlfriend babysit me. That and he didn't want them to, he had his pride damnit. No parent want to be shackles for their childred! On the other hand, it meant he'd be having first hand contact with his soon- to- be grandchildren. Because he was going to have grandchildren soon! It didn't matter if they wanted kids or not, what was imporant was what he wanted.


     It's not like that! Effie said; We'll love to have you live with us, you and Ronin! I'll get a place with a big garden and he can come stay with us. Better with a unicorn then a guarddog after all.
     That was the sweetest thing Joe had ever heard, his son even thought about the unicorn... Doing his best to avoid mancrying, Joe answered: Then I'd love to come and stay with you.


      Ofcourse everyone was present for the grand day. Not that it was an official party, there were plenty enough of them already. To Lucrecias great joy, her and Skuld had birthdays the same day. But she didn't really mind this time around, she was finally going to be an adult, and would be able to leave this place. Not that it hadn't been a good place to live, but she was ready to live a bit, especially without all those sims around her at every single second of the day.


     Lucrecia wasn't the only one that was ecxited, Skuld couldn't wait for her own age- up either. Finally she'd be able to get away from her overprotective dad, and Bashirs eagle eyes constantly watching her every move. She tried her hardest to pretend she wasn't excited and forced out an honest looking smil.


     Lucky would go first, ofcourse. Let the silly little dramaqueen go first, so she can leave and become one of the cattle that walked around in the city. Skuld herself couldn't wait to get out, but she'd learned how the be patient over the years. Most times atleast.


     And just like that, Lucky was an adult that even had cake. Everyone liked cake didn't they? She'd even figured out what careere she wanted to pursue- and there was no way she'd get a family for a long while! She'd miss beeing surrounded by sims, but she'd love to be alone for a while to. Just her and the tellie! And she'd be alone in choosing the program she wanted to watch! She was going to watch tv naked!


     The turn then came to skuld, who knew very well what she wanted to do with her life!


     Aging up really wasn't as awesome as she'd anticipated. Why had the others acted like it was so intense? She was sure she'd just gotten a bit taller. What a bummer. None of it matter though, as this meant she was free to do whatever she wanted.


     After the cake was eaten, and most of the talking was done, Lucrecia retreated a bit just to find herself owerwhelmed with emotions. She was nervous about moving, but also sad because of her mum that couldn't be there with her. Wondered what she would have said to her, and now dad was going to be all alone without her! She'd already bought a place with the lifeinsurance that was left from her mum, but that also meant that she'd never see the home she'd build for herself, or to see her succeed.


     Ofcourse Bashir had followed his daughter, he was going to stare at her for every precious little second that she was still here, just to be on the safe side. He didn't like it when she cried, but he was a tad better with emotions than Marco was, so he just hugged her. It was probably just some last minute nerves anyway. As long as it worked, it didn't matter did it?


     I'm not going to keep up a vegetarian lifestyle, Lucky confessed to her dad. She was all for vegetables and stuff, but there were to many perks for her to eat meat. Mainly the taste if she was going to be honest.
      Bashir tried not to be to disappointed, maybe he'd been a bit strickt on that: Oh.. okay. Well, that's your choice. But what about dairy products, you can quit eating that and it would still matter.... Atleast he'd gotten under Efraims skin.
     Dad.


     You know it's a lot easier to get pregnant if you have a vegetarian lifestyle? It'll be a lot easier for you to give me grandchildren then. I kind of want to have somewhere between five and ten...  you might need a little farm of your own to feed all those kids though.


     Aha... ha... Lucrecia pretended she wasn't as awkward as she actually felt: Nice try dad... He didn't actually believe she'd get pregnant right after aging up did he? She didn't have any interest in getting pregnant.
     What do you mean nice try? I want grandkids, I'm getting old here.. Do you have a boyfriend?
      Daaad!! Gross! She didn't have one, and it wasn't like one needed one to have babies anyway: You'll just have to wait already! Besides, I've decided I want to focus on my careere first. I'm going into law...
      NO! He hadn't seen that coming a mile away.


     Clearing his throat, Bashir tried again: Don't be a cop. It's not like in the movies, not at all. How come dad knew so much about this anyway: Just ask your uncle, he'll tell you the truth. It's a hard life, and it's dangerous. He couldn't lose his daughter to! How was this even fair?


     Dad... dad... breathe dad: Lucrecia interrupted him: I'm not going to be a cop. I mean a dna analyser. It's just a fancy word for labrat. Like she had any interest in beeing a policeofficer, she'd grown up with Marco after all. She didn't want a life like that. He kept getting called for 24- 7.
      Really? He still didn't like it
      Yes, really. She assured him: it means that the worst case scenario is that I'll take a look at the crimescene after the cops have made sure it's all safe. And that's just at the beginning, eventually I'll be a pure labrat. No guns and no criminals unless they are dead. And then still it'll just be their clothes or saliva or blood and stuff like that.


     But you're right, she continued: It's not at all like it is on tv. She had checked a bit around ofcourse, and figured she'd find her choice of specialization after working for a while.
     Letting out a deep sigh, Bashir still wasn't to happy. But a labrat couldn't be to dangerous. She sure didn't have that from his side of the family, but what she didn't know couldn't harm her. Atleast not in this case.


     Marco had a bit different conversation with his little doll: Are you leaving your old dad? 
     Skuld smiled at him, he was such an idiot for a smart guy: I'm not technically leaving daddy, it's just that I'd love to go to college. I want to try my intelligence you know. 
      But can't you take some courses online or something instead. College campuses are dangerous for young women... They were, she'd be a lot safer at home with him!


     I know dad, but I've looked around and they rent out houses for single students, so I don't have to live in a dorm. I'll just work next to studying...
      A house of her own? That sounded dangerous. But a lot better than a dorm with alcohol, and drunk, horny fratboys without any respect for innocent babygirls like his. And she couldn't work next to her classes. That meant she'd have to work after class, which meant she had to walk home after dark: Absolutely not! I'll pay for a house for you outside campus, and get you a car! You're not allowed to walk or bike around on your own.


     Dad, Skuld pretended he hadn't said exactely what she'd expected him to: It's nice of you, but I'll be fine. 
     I know you're a grown woman now Skuld, but please let me do this. You'll get a scholarship without any problems to pay for the rest of the expenses, and I'll take care of the rest. 
     Pretending to give up, she said: If it makes it easier for you daddy...
     What's best for my little doll is what's best for me, Marco exclaimed.
     Skuld had gotten exactely what she wanted. An expensive college degree, or several, all payed by her dad and the town. And she wasn't even planning on doing something useful with them. But a college out of town, might be the best place to try and find something about eternal life.... She wanted that potion damnit!


     As everything calmed down, the two cousins decided to have a little chat: It'll be great getting out of here, Skuld said making it clear that she meant getting away from Lucky. But she had long stopped caring about the tiny stings Skuld always let out: Yeah, I can't wait either. 
     Touching her hair, Skuld bit her lip and looked at her again: It was a shame with you and Biorn. But that's just how it is when you're not worth fighting for... She finished it off with a way to kind smile. It was so kind and honest that it looked grotesque. Skuld just continued: You just aren't as good as me in the end Lucky. Just look at Ian, after all these years he still follows me around like a good dog.


     It was Lucrecias time to smile this time though: What do you mean Ian? 
     Skuld didn't seem to understand, beeing a genious and all: What do you mean? She sounded like a parrot.
     Smiling a similar big smile, Lucky said: Ian's engaged to get married. Think your dog found himself another bitch to run after.


     Ian had found someone else? Ian couldn't find someone else, he was supposed to be hers! She didn't want to take care of a household, she wanted someone to take care of her!! Who would run her errands like Ian always had?


     She ran into him at the liquor store, not by accident ofcourse but he didn't need to know that.
     Hi Skuld, that stupid grin on his face was back immideately: You look great. Ofcourse she looked great, how stupid was that guy anyway? She'd always looked great.
     She just jumped into it: Ian... she started: I realized something when I aged up... she looked him in the eyes when she talked to make it seem more inteze. Men were suckers for eyecontact for some reason: I think I'm in love with you.


     Then she kissed him, carefully and without seeming to eager. Which she wasn't anyway, but the important thing was that he didn't get it. It kind of felt like sucking on a sponge.
He didn't pull away from her, not even seeming remotely hesitant. She leaned against his chest, whispering: Be with me instead.
     Skuld, he still kept her in his arms: I'm engaged to someone else...
     But I'm the one you love isn't it? She looked up at him again, did her very best to pretend she really cared.


     Ofcourse I love you, I always have. But I can't just....
     She interrupted him: I'm leaving for college Ian. don't you want to assure me you are mine, before I go away all on my own? She was a master in letting out threats, and still make it sound like they weren't. She saw how deep he swallowed at the thought of her and a bunch of horny collegeguys. Like she'd even consider letting anyone touch her like that.


     Okay... he finally said after a way to short break. I'll break up with her and be with you.
     Her smile had never seemed more honest: I love you so much Ian!


     This was going to fast for him, with Efraim, Lucrecia and even Joe was out of the house. This place was getting empty and quite and he swore the house got bigger every day. He didn't like seeing everyone leaving the house. And to make it worse...


     Why were they doing this to him? Couldn't his little babyboys have stayed babies? And poor little Jarl that had never fit in anywhere? What would he do without his strong daddy to protect him? He was going to cry soon, not mancrying but real crying!


     Marco was sure he'd seen that face somewhere before....    
     Jarl didn't get less awkward in adulthood but he'd lived through school hadn't he? And now he could finally get away from his not- so- lovely sister. But something a lot better was going on.


     Him and Odin were the same age!


     And all of a sudden the last of Marcos little babies were adults. What was this world coming to? He didn't want to be all alone in the big house! Not that he told anyone ofcourse, he was still a guy, but come on! How was this even fair? No one even mentioned anything about when the kids grew up.


     He did his best to haul out the little time he had left with them. He just didn't want them to leave him: What are you boys going to do with your lives then? Marco wanted them to be happy, but maybe they could stay?
     I'm going into acting, just like mum! Odin proclaimed.
    What? Why couldn't he get a real job? But he was his dad, and needed to be supportive: That's... that's great Odin. Just like your mother. And nothing like him at all. Was that supposed to happen?


     Laughing all of a sudden he finally said: Sheesh, relax dad! I'm not going to be an actor! 
     Letting out a heavy breath, he couldn't hold back a relieved laughter himself, and listened to Odin as he kept talking: I'm not sure, I'm thinking about becoming a doctor actually.
     Doctor? That's a commendable job. That was impressive actually. But if he managed it was another thing. He did have the brains for it according to the experts, but Marco had just never been truly convinced about it.


     What about you then Jarl? Marco hadn't forgotten about his other son, or what he could do. But he'd never shown any special interest in anything either. Wonder where they got their ideas from?
     I've applied for a job at the science centre, he said. I think I might make a difference there. Maybe plantbabies eventually can become an option for childless sims. 
     This was to good to be true, Marco couldn't believe those two small and big crybabies would be a doctor and a scientist! He had the best genes.


     I'm so proud of you two....he swallowed the mancrying: But where will you live? What will you two do? How will you manage in the meantime? 
     Sheesh dad... Odin assured him: We're moving in with Lucky whilst we're in the starterface. 
     Turned out she didn't love beeing along all that much in the end.. Jarl broke in. Damnit! He just didn't have way of keeping them with him did he? They were actually going to leave him!


     Then before he even knew what happened, all his kids left for university. What was he going to do now, the house was so big and empty. When had he gotten so old?

----------------------------------------------
Yay, another anti- climax! I like it when sims do things on their own, so I'll let SP take over their lives.

Well, I let SP take over, except I had to marry Marea and Efraim off to eachother. Look how derpy they look together. Their kids will be so geeky and since he knocked her up already the nerdy kids are already on their way.

Skuld is still heir but I decided to send the kids to college to play around with a bit. It doesn't give her any advantages so I figured it wasn't cheating. Joe didn't move out before the end of the generation, and don't worry about Marco, him and Bashir are still living together. Bashir and Joe almost instantly started dating some young adults (gross) and Marco ended up with Ally. Then they broke up and he also started dated a young adult (still gross). But I figured they earned it.   

thanks for reading

4 kommentarer:

  1. Yeah, the three guys have been alone for a while. Let them be sugar daddies to girls who went to school with their kids xD

    Aww, everyone's growing up and leaving the nest <3 I can't wait to see what Skuld gets up to. Tsk tsk. Breaking up a couple for her own good. How perfectly Skuld-ish haha

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Age different in sims are so gross, and it makes less babies in town. Which might be good with all the inbreeding. Atleast Joe and his broke up and he found a more age appropriate one.

      There were to many sims to close in age, and if it help you feel any better Lucky and Jarl got married pretty much the next day after they moved in together.

      You didn't really expect Skuld to work to find herself another man did you?! She has more pressing matters to attend to ;)

      Thanks for reading and commenting

      Slett
  2. Everyone grew up! It's fun to see where they're all headed. Lucky and Jarl got together on their own? It really was meant to be. Thanks for showing Efraim and Marea getting married. I think they're adorably geeky.

    I like the insight into why Skuld wants to be with Ian. I mean, do you expect her to shop for her own groceries? No!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Well, Jarl wants to be romantic with Lucky but she hasn't been very interested back. I moved them all in together because I wanted to keep as many houses as possible empty. I'm refilling the town with new families. (But since it's not a spoiler: They got married straight after and I hope they have kids soon)
      Good to see you like Effie and Marea together, their my favourite ugly- couple.

      Skuld shop for groceries? That's almost like... working. What's next for her then? Laundry? Cooking?!

      Thanks for reading and commenting

      Slett