Neda swore that time flew past faster than it had at uni. Summer took her by as much surprise as spring. Beeing a responsible adult felt like walking around in a haze most of the time.
She wasn't going to any of those familyfriendly beaches as of yet, so it was a bit surprising to see Tara there this early.
I saw you got engaged! Congratulations! When's the wedding? The two of them had always been close, so why didn't they meet more often?
Ignoring that little voice in her head, that said it was because she was investing way to much time in her relationship, Neda answered: Thanks. We're getting married pretty soon actually. Finally, Steve and her had set a date.
I was a bit worried Te... Steve was stringing me along for a while, but he finally agreed that a date should be set. Neda couldn't imagine why he'd been so difficult to persuade, when they were so great together. She also thought they should think about having babies soon. She couldn't wait to be a mother of 1,2 children. Not four, like they had been.
Well, that's all in the past now! Tara was excited for her cousin. They'd always been such close friends, but rarely had time to meet anymore. She just assumed it was because Neda was as busy as her trying to get this "adult" thing working. Beeing an adult really wasn't all it was laid out to be.
Tara on her hand, wasn't interested in dating at all. She had a job she'd rather focus on: So I bet uncle's excited then.
Well, it was that: Yeah! I haven't told them that we've set a date yet. I'm going to tell them later today. She assumed it would go well though, both mum and dad seemed to have warmed up to Steve a bit. Either that, or they had given up whatever it was they were trying to do.
Between the two of us, I don't think they like Steve that much. But I don't know why, he's really great. The sun burning on her chest almost made her panic abit. Had she remembered to use enough sunscreen? Neda didn't want to hide getting a sunburn from Steve, it was so much extra work.
Dad and mum never likes any of my sisters boyfriends either. Tara admitted; I think they just think she's to young to be that serious about someone. Probably the same thing with them.
Maybe. But I'm still going to tell them today. It's a great idea, because Nikos' coming home soon. So they'll likely be in a good mood.
They hadn't seen him in so long, she'd nearly forgotten how he looked like and barely how he'd been to be around: I bet he's knocked someone up or something. Because they never found that damned axe they were looking for. Neda really hoped he was back to stay. Then she could meet him to, and not just Dragan and Irena. She might not want to admit it to herself; but ever since that fire as kids she'd always looked up to him. Even at his worst teenage stage.
Ofcourse Tara knew all about that; because uncle and her dad gossiped a lot: Probably. I'm surprised he doesn't have ten kids already. He'd always seemed to be the type to have a house full of kids to her.
Just like herself, Tara quickly got bored with talking about Niko, and made a mental leap: Oh! Neda! You should have a bachelorettes party!
It's a bit early to have one, I think. We're not getting married just yet. Besides, she kind of thought the partydancers were gross. And Tara would definitely hire some, even if she told she didn't want any.
Then we can go out and party! Just the two of us! Please Neda, we haven't been at a club in ages! Tara was dying to pretend she was young, and not just working and working all the time.
Drinking? She wasn't sure that was such a good idea. Last time she'd been fined and got arrested, and cheated. But Walter wasn't in town, and she was a responsible adult now. So it would probably be fine: Okay! How about tonight?
Yes! We're going to have so much fun Neda!
So, uhm Steve and I have finally set a date! To get married that is! Wow, they still hadn't changed anything about this place. It was litterally just the same as when she was a kid, and a teenager. But mum and dad had never been ones for decorating or anything at all. Probably because the cats and dogs would've eaten everything up.
The sofa creaked softly under her: And this is happening, Neda tried beeing authorative: So I don't want to hear.....
That's so nice dear. Mum ofcourse interrupted her before she was done talking and even dad seemed okay with it: We thought the two of you weren't going to stay together for this long, yet here you are.
Okay, fine. Neda would let that slide this time. What was up with them and their dislike of Steve?
I mean, you just don't seem very good together to be honest. Mum gave one massive blow to her and Steves love after another.
She was really glad that mum and dad hadn't turned into those old sims that never showered, and smelled like mothballs. It made it easier for her to keep her mind clear: Mum, Steve and I love eachother!
Sometimes love just isn't enough Neda.
Ofcourse it was enough. Just look at her and dad, they were a terrible match and they had a great relationship. This love thing was easy, and definitely didn't need any work. It was just like a really deep friendship with someone that you wouldn't mind sleeping with. So it was just like maintaining a friendship!
A relationship is a lot of hard work, and some sims aren't meant to be together! Aino didn't want to be harsh, but Neda was going to end up getting hurt. Or atleast she was sure about that, her husband had bet that Steve would end up beeing the hurt part. Not that he cared about that ofcourse; she was still their daughter and they would take her side anyway.
Mum, give it a rest already. Dragan was so tired of hearing about Steve and mum complaining about him. Didn't matter what would happen did it? Only way of learning was that Neda figured it out on her own. Besides, Steve was a great guy and Dragan liked him.
Well, I'm right.
Doesn't matter mum. Neda's grown up and makes her own decisions. He was going to have his twinsisters back atleast.
Well, anyways Tara and I are going to go out tonight and celebrate my soon- to- be wedding! Take that mum, because for some reason another sim agreeing with her probably would mean something to her stubborn mum!
Neda, Niko's coming home tomorrow morning! I wanted the hole family to meet him at the station as a surprise. Even dad was against her. But he was the one that was easy to sway. Why didn't he agree with her?
But I've already planned with Tara! It would be rude to withdraw that now. Didn't they understand that? What about her feelings?
You knew Niko was coming home Neda. Did he have to sound so disappointed at her. She didn't like it when dad was disappointed in her.
But I thought it was the day after tomorrow. And I can still come here tomorrow! I'll be here first thing in the morning!
You'll oversleep kid.
Another one of those. Why didn't they trust her? She had always been the most responsible kid. Atleast of the four of them, and that should count as something.
But, maybe she could spend the night here instead. Daniel had thought it was a good idea to change his mind so his daughter could get what she wanted. But by the look of his wifes face, that was a "No". She really didn't like Steve. Now, how was he supposed to give both his wife and daughter what they wanted?
Dad! I won't oversleep! Was she invisible or something? Why didn't they listen to her?! Besides, she didn't want to spend the night, before mum and dad appologized to Steve! I'll be here first thing in the morning!
I won't oversleep! She was talking for deaf ears. Why didn't they ever listen?
I bet he's knocked someone up or something like that anyway, and Neda already can't pretend that she's surprised anyway. Let poor Niko pretend that he caught us by surprise.
Et tu Bro? Why were they always like that to her? She was a responsible adult! Very responsible! She was going to show them, by beeing on their doorstep at sunrise! Yeah, that'll teach them to underestimate her adultness!
The Asylum was gross and dark, and they were way overdressed; just like a real night out on town should be for two young women. Neda had assumed this place had some dark, thumping music but it was playing pretty regular pop.
The hell? Are they together? She leaned in to talk in Nedas ear, so no one would hear over the music that still wasn't loud. Tara was a bit disappointed so few sims were present, but they tended to show up a bit later in the evening.
What? You mean Berit and Jozef or Arne and Kyrre? Neda was looking at the same thing Tara was, and didn't see either of her worries.
You like know everyone don't you? Tara lauged back at her, and pretended that she hadn't already insinuated that she knew them herself. But she couldn't remember their names, so it was different.
We went to school with them Tara. They had all been friends once, but Kyrre had dated her sister and Berit was kind of a bitch. Arne and Jozef were nice though, but they were still guys; and not dating eachother as Tara assumed.
Really? I can't remember the guys... she remebred Berit though, because she was a major bitch.
Arne, clearly with a bit to much in his veins came in contact with his inner asylumfeels, put on his best bonegnasher face and started shaking his stuff around. Yikes. This was why she didn't go out a lot, Neda remembered it now.
They had no idea why the place all of a sudden got filled with sims, maybe they all arrived with the same subway or something. But it was nice to not be the only ones making arses of themselves at the dancefloor.
I think you've gotten an admirerer, Tara grinned at her and had to repeat it several times before Neda heard: That fishfaced guy keeps staring at you.
Did she even remember that she was engaged to Steve.
Oh no, it was Benny from work. He was nice enough, but since they knew eachother it meant she had to talk to him. Maybe he'd be satisfied if she served him a welcoming grin? It definitely looked well meaning.
It's just Benny from work. Neda explained to Tara, without screaming it loudly enough for him to hear.
Like the rest of the sims present, she swayed her body awkwardly to the music. She had no rythm either: That dick put my stuff in pudding! She'd never gotten over that prank, and probably never would.
He puts his dick in your pudding?
Wait what? Had she just said what she thought she said?
Sure! Tara nodded and left for some reason.
Oh, she went and got them drinks! Neda thought she'd been talking about pudding: Wow, thanks Tara! She was so nice for thinking about her. Even if they were hitting the drinks pretty hard now. She'd never been good at holding her liqour.
Youre welcome! Youre getting married after all.
Oh, so she heard her thanking her, but not anything else. This partying thing was a lot more difficult that she remembered.
Maybe you should talk to him, Tara tried saying.
No way in flying fuck was she talking to that freak! Look at that creepy grin! What was up with all those creepy guys thinking she was interested in them just because she glanced in their direction. Look at him baring his teeth at her! He was probably some pickupartist or something; they always looked like feet. Even the creepy grinners shirt was ruined.
I mean, he looks pretty upset, Tara continued.
What? Tara looked at her for a second before blinking: I meant your coworker Neda- puddingdick.
Oh, that explaiend it. She hadn't meant the creepy guy: Benny
Whatever, you should probably talk to him or something
Neda tried her best to calm the grown man who looked like a child loosing a teddybear: Benny, are you okay? She'd never be able to hear that name again without thinking about countrysongs.
After a little drink, Benny seemed to calm down. Whatever had been bugging him didn't seem to hurt to deep and soon they were laughing together. Ofcourse she got well along with her co workers to, but Benny and her actually got really along at work. Wondered why they never met outside of work though? Probably because he was a lot older than her.
And finally Benny told what had made him sulk that deep to: Fucking Bai keeps giving away all the best stories to rookies! I'm the seniorwriter, and there was this great intervju with the mayor of Monte Vista available, but but he gave the story to one of the rookies.
Oh? Neda swallowed deeply.
I know! Here I am with all this experience and he gives it to some fucking kid!
Wow that sounds bad.... He'd given her the intervju. She'd intervjued the mayor of Monte Vista, because she was a nasty old hag and she was a sweet young kid, as Bai so nicely had said it. And it had worked to, she hadn't had any problems with the lady.
You got the one with our own officials beeing bought off though, Neda tried to calm him even more. Why did she always end up with calming down some whiny man. What was she? Their mum?
I did.
And that means that Bai wasn't lying, he probably knew something was about to blow up. Guys got sources both left and right. And he had a ponytail, just like that crazy- blond guy had said and talked about conspiracies.... Hm....
Yeah, that sound about right...
Tara smooching up to some wellgroomed dude in a tux. That was good for her, she should have some fun. Especially since she got stuck talking to Benny.
Half asleep Neda squeezed Steve closer, his robe was so soft. Why didn't she have a soft robe like that? And he smelled so good, kind of flowery and sweet. He'd gotten a bit thin though, she didn't have any problems holding around him. That was odd.... And his butt had gotten kind of big to, and soft. He'd let himself go, because he'd used to have buns of steel.
Her eyelids were nearly glued together from the hard partying last night. Moving carefully, trying to keep herself from getting to dizzy and vomit all over Steve, she looked at him, expecting to see the face of an ill man.
Ew, she'd just thought Taras butt was soft and that she smelled good. Was she awake? Where the hell was Steve, and why was she wearing his robe?
Tara....
She barely grunted for an answer: Tara. Neda could've used a louder voice, but her throat was so dry. And she should probably move her hand away from hers, because it seemed suspiciously intimate.
Tara
what....
It took a long while before she answered, making her worried that she'd fallen asleep again: I didn't have any underwear on...
Why?
They pinched my bum, so I took them off somewhere on the way... She dragged the words so hard it was difficult to understand: Don't judge me. You weren't wearing any undies either.
Okay. Smart. No pinching undies. Undies evil.
What? Benny? Come on Tara, we work together. We were just talking together, I thought you were hitting on that tuxman, so I wanted to leave you two alone.
I think he had dark hair. Come to think about it, didn't she work with tuxedoman?
I knew that.
Not again: Don't worry about it Tara. Bennys like twice my age, you know I'd never do an oldie and are you forgetting that I'm engaged to be married? So you and tuxman didn't...
Nah
Fuck: Yup. Hey, do you know where Steve's at? What was wrong with her?!
No idea, but it's like two in the afternoon so he's probably out beeing social and stuff.
She'd overslept, ofcourse she had. And she'd cheated! She'd disapointed her parents, her brother and fucking cheated on her boyfriend; again. She'd cheated again. Again! And with one of her coworkers, that also happened to be a close friend. Why did she keep doing this?
I was supposed to have an early day and meet Niko at the station....
Well, you can just go now then
Nah, it can wait. She had to big of a hangover, and she didn't want mum and dad to yell at her. It could wait. He wasn't going anywhere after all.
----------------------------------
Tsk tsk Neda, the wishes you roll just keeps getting youy into trouble. I don't think I've ever had a sim that's had her faith so affected by the rolls. This is to much fun. But I promise, after this I'll ignore the wishes that get her into trouble. Maybe.
And the bars got crowded due to a mod actually, they just all popped in at the same time for some reason. And they were all the same side of the dancefloor. Don't know why they do that.
Thanks for reading












































XD They always looked like feet... T_T hah, that's hilarious! that is a super creepy robot smile though). I know what Neda means though, you try to be nice and smile at somebody but they turn around and take it the wrong way, what's the alternative, being a beeyotch? ugh.
SvarSlettBut I see that she wasn't! (hah oh Neda!)
Do you have the misc fun of giving them their wishes, because that's a lot of cheating so far, but a part of me hoped she wouldn't keep doing that.
To Neda's defence, he did look like a sim-foot.
SlettNo, I don't have that misc- fun, but it kind of suited that she rolled that wish. I don't really have an excuse, just thought it was funny she rolled a wish to woohoo again. I'll stop those wishes now. Maybe.
Thanks for reading and commenting
Wow, Aino's comments about Steve and Neda's relationship are pretty harsh! She's probably right though o_o I have a similarly bad feeling about them. I really wonder if they'll stay together! Maybe Neda will find another guy that won't make her roll wishes to cheat all the time :3
SvarSlettThat was quite a night though! And poor Neda couldn't show her family how responsible she is XD
Aino's beeing a bit on the mean side, but they really aren't as great together as they used to be. Not so far atleast. Maybe it'll get better.
SlettPoor Neda and her bad choices keeps making things worse for her.
Thanks for reading and commenting
Ah, Neda. She's so entertaining to follow. XD I'm starting to think she shouldn't settle down with anybody. And she keeps wondering why her family won't see her as responsible?
SvarSlettNeda's turning into a character atleast. The family probably gets her a bit better than she thinks. But she's still young, so it's probably not to late.
SlettThanks for reading and commenting
Oh, Neda. Everyone, even Dragan thought she would oversleep, and then she did! Well, Niko probably won't care, so no harm, right?
SvarSlettEven with their engagement, it seems like Neda and Steve are getting further and further apart. I'm worried that he may be cheating on her, too, and Neda hooked up with someone else again this chapter.
I really thought that would be a guy in her bed, but, ha, it was just Tara. Phew!
No, Niko definitely won't care. He's not That dramatic.
SlettCan you imagine Neda bringing a bloke with her, when she's living with Steve. Wouldn't be as surprising really now that you mentioned it.
Thanks for reading and commenting