Autumn wasn't the most stable of months. But after days of pouring rain, the sun took a little trip to Jericho. Smog, mud and the general pollution, gave off an interesting smell as the sun slowly dried the busy city.
Iva barely noticed it, as the slimy stench from the garbagebin hit her in the face. The postman seemed to be checking her out, but nothing gave off that he thought she was a piece of art.
The citys autumn festival had opened, as it did every fall. An attempt from the politicians to make the city more familyfriendly, and draw tourists. Iva vagely remembered them from her youth, she had gotten old enough to remember when they first started. Boring and nothing for children, but they had gotten a lot better. Like most sims, she rarely agreed with politicians. But festivals to celebrate the shifting seasons, had been one of the few good ideas they ever had.
She had been at the summer festivale, now it was time to check out the new. There seemed to be more people attending this time. Maybe because the heat wasn't as intense anymore.
The grass was still wet, Iva noticed as she put her foot on it. It was probably time to put the open shoes away. But she loved them so much. Like many other sims, she clinged to summer as long as possible. No one wanted it to end. She hated switching out the light clothes, with thick jumpers and lumpy shoes.
Like most normal women, her first thought was to enter the haunted house. Hopefully it wasn't to family friendly. Iva didn't even have time to enter it, before another, way more interesting thing appeared.
Hidden behind an old hag, Lukas' blond hair was easy to recognise.
It wasn't the only thing she saw though. What the hell, she thought for herself. Is that another fairy behind him? How many of the damn things are in this city anyway?
As Lukas came closer, Iva forgot all about the ammount of supernaturals there. She waved at the blond man.
He seemed far from happy to see her, but Iva didn't even notice. She was to occupied thinking about what the two of them could do in the nearby treehouse, or restroom, or facepaintbooth, or...
As he approached, she greeted him: Hi blondie, how's everything?
She tried to appear calm and relaxed, but having him so close made her heart race and head spin. His golden, wavy hair caught the mild autumn sun. Damn, she felt poetic today.
He gave her an awkward smile, and a short: Fine.
Iva ignored the phone ringing, probably just her new publisher nagging about something anyway. She smiled at him, she could play this game too. Pretend that nothing was going on between them, that there was no attraction.
He still didn't seem happy to see her though. Actually, they hadn't had any contact with eachother since the incident at the gym.
She knew that her brother had a bachelor party, and asked him about it. Asked if they had fun. Not that Iva even listened to a word he said. She was to busy studying his face and body, how his lips moved, those green eyes behind dark lashes.
No. I can't play games. The thought suddenly hit, and Iva did what she did best: Talked without thinking: You've been avoiding me.
Nervouse and out of balance, Lukas turned away from her, looking into the distance.
No, I haven't... I just... I don't know Iva. I can't be around you.
Iva found herself getting angry, couldn't be around her? What the hell was that supposed to mean? She readied herself to yell at him, as he continued: I really like you Iva. But I'm married. I try to be a good husband, but it's so bloody difficult.
He stroked his hand over him mouth, before slowly moving it away.
Lukas, Iva had calmed down. If you keep looking somewhere else, maybe you need to think through your marriage?
His muscles visibly relaxed, and he finally turned towards her. Maybe she'd said something right this time?
Without warning he slipped his arms around her waist, pulling her towards him. Unlike what he had seemed, the kiss was hard and aggressive.
Iva didn't notice her sister Valerie in the background. She didn't see the dogs staring at them, or the other fairy wondering if he should tweet about their kiss.
Even the cats seemed fascinated by the kiss. A kiss like that had to be noticed by everyone.
Lukas!! The voice was shocked, angry, sad and completely unfamiliar to Iva. Lukas violently pushed her away.
Iva wasn't usually a fan of the angry type, but Lukas got away with it. Still dreamy from the kiss, she barely noticed the angry old lady.
Everyone had heard the rumours that all men feared their mothers. And by the looks of it, Lukas wasn't going to argue with his.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to cut, but it got way to long to keep as one chapter. I have no idea why all those animals are at the fair. There's more animals than people there. And they keep following Lukas around, wanting to sniff him. That can't be a good sign.
Sorry to cut, but it got way to long to keep as one chapter. I have no idea why all those animals are at the fair. There's more animals than people there. And they keep following Lukas around, wanting to sniff him. That can't be a good sign.












Hmm, what is going on with Lukas? I know Iva likes him, but I'm beginning to think he's not good for her.
SvarSlettWe'll just see what's going on with the fairy in the next chapter then ;)
SlettIva makes an excellent point: if Lukas' eyes are wandering, his marriage may on the rocks. But his mother saw! Oh no! I've seen Psycho--I know the hold mothers can have on their sons. ;)
SvarSlettAnimals randomly congregate in my game, too! It's maddening.
I'm looking forward to the next chapter! :D
It's usually not a good sign no, but atleast he tries doing the right thing :D For a while atleast.
SlettThe animals are driving me crazy, there's so many of them. Not wildlife, but pets of all things.
I'm constantly ridding my town of animals with one of the NRaas mods (register? overwatch? mastercontroller?) because if I don't then no sims breed because the towns too full of pets. *sigh*
SvarSlettUhoh!!! You mother is the last person you want to catch you cheating! Actually, maybe your wife is.. Ok, your mother is the second from last person you want to catch you cheating! Excited for the next part!
(also, there were little bits in this that made me giggle, especially the 'damn she felt poetic today'. I like a little comedy in a story :D )
It's supposed to be possible to control the petadoption atleast, I just can't find it anymore or remember what mod it was. I've seen households with five pets and such.
SlettWe'll just see how Lukas handles the old lady.
Nice to see you liked that comment. I put it in things like that, to say a littleabout Iva. She's actually a priviliged (?) child, so she doesn't always take things to seriously. Or realise how she's actually behaving :)
You can control the pet adoptions with SP. I believe it's under the pregnancy settings labeled adoptions. It doesn't mean sim adoptions. It's pets. And with MC you can limit the number of pets a household has. It might help keep your animal population from trying to ruin your story line.
SvarSlettAnd oh my! So Lukas is confused about his marriage and how he feels about Iva and of course, Mommy is there to step in. Oh dear. Come on Iva! Stop being the good girl and go get your man!
Thank you! I've been looking for it forever. I've started getting Gemlys problem of no breeding sims.
SlettAnd mommy dearest can be a bit of a problem for most :)
Y'know, Iva may have a point, in that if Lukas keeps looking elsewhere, maybe his wife isn't the one for him after all.
SvarSlettUh-oh! Was that his mom?
Lukas is always looking elsewhere, always. He's really fun having around town though, creates a lot of life ;)
Slett