søndag 3. august 2014

2.1 Heartache


     Hard knocks on the door made them jump from their seats. Anyone who has heard cops knocking at doors, recognize it for the rest of their lives.
     Police? Their worst fear was coming through.


     Though the cop didn't seem to have any manners, as the door opened right after, and a large officer covered the doorway.
     Completely silent they kept staring at the big man in blue- he seemed a bit familiar....


     Evening, the officer said. They kept staring at him a bit longer whilst the shock was put at ease
He started talking again: Why the long faces? Did I interrupt anything? After another pause the officer said: Is it uncle Marek? Did he die of sorrow when I didn't join the army after all?


     Marco? Oriana wondered when her irritating kid brother had grown into a man. She hadn't noticed it atleast. If the shock hadn't been so big she'd start laughing. Someone gave him access to firearms! That couldn't end well. And didn't copbusiness take a bit of patience?


     Oriana. It was almost as time had stood still. That mocking answer sure didn't belong to some professional police officer.


     Sweety!! Iva scrambled to him on scrawny legs, and shivered over to her long lost boy. Who in reality hadn't been gone for that long. Sweety, where have you been? What happened? Why haven't you called us, we've been worried sick about you! Nothing like a bit of accusation when in doubt.


     He carefully pushed his mum off him, afraid he'd break those bony, old arms.  
     After a break of parental nagging, they took a seat: I finished the semester earlier than the rest, so the station put me undercover. It's quite common when you're new. he said it with such ease, they could hardly believe he was talking about a school. They knew the boy was bright, but he wasn't a genious like his father. And undercover? When did he even apply for a job?


      Undercover as what? It sounds dangerous.... Iva didn't like the thought of her helpless little boy doing something dangerous.
     Marco sighed, he should just have stayed there: It's nothing dangerous mum. Just some undercover work in the lower parts of the drug- rings. 

     Why were they looking so shocked? They probably wouldn't believe he'd been headhunted for the position. Or how easy it was to trick drugaddicts into thinking you were one of them. They were so full of different substanses, that they barely noticed anyone but themselves anyway.
     You've been around criminals? Atleast dad seemed to take it pretty calmly.
     Why?! Can't they send someone more experienced to do that?! Mum was pretty near fainting now.
     Don't you think it's a bit mean getting lower people arrested? Aren't they usually addicts? Oriana   was as political correct as she'd never been. It sucked beeing home.


    I'm fine, thanks for asking. It felt so ...sweet... when people was accusing you.... And for your information Oriana, the lowdogs usually get used as informants. 
     Oh, so you risk their lives instead, in the name of "justice"!! She threw her arms up.
     What? Do you think all druglords and gangleaders automatically start out on top of the pyramide? You've been watching to many movies! So what he did for a living was wrong to? What the hell? Atleast he had a real job, unlike... well any of them actually!
     What I'm saying is that you are taking advantage of someone that has an illness! It's not their fault...
     So what?! Drugs, the users and the sellers, he said with convincing: take part in a business that has parts in illegal warfare, corruption, trafficing, slavery and uses kids as mules! And that still wasn't all of it.


     Iva could have sworn she'd heard it before, just not from the ones that fought against it. Maybe she was beeing punished for not grieving her sisters enough, or for beeing the cause of an ancestor gettingkilled by werewolves. She snook a glance at her husband; atleast something good had come out of it. Maybe she should have told her kids about their everliving ancestor?


     Her thoughts were interrupted by her husbands voice: Shut up you two! It wasn't common that he lost his temper, but he was far from as calm as he once had been. As long as it worked, Iva was all fine with it. They were adults now, why couldn't they just stop arguing for once!
     Your brother has been missing for several months Oriana! Knock it off!! Gard was using his rarely used strick voice. It worked, even if Oriana started sulking a bit. And wipe that smug grin off your face!! That was for his son, and his smug grin!!
     Yes sir.. they said simultaniously. He still had it! Damn kids...


     Actually, telling those two about an everliving ancestor was a terrible idea, when she thought about it. Why should she? He was long gone anyway, or she'd been dead by now. He still had been sexy though.... evil and bad ofcourse, but sexy. Not as sexy as her husband, but still..... She smiled to herself, until she felt Gards hand on hers. And with that look he gave her..... damn vampire....


     Iva did her best to get her husband out of her brain: Drugaddicts? Weren't you scared sweety? We've been worried sick about you! You could have called you know!
     Marco sighed again, mum was such a pain: I worked undercover mum! I can't run around phoning my mother! It was difficult enough staying in contact with my coworkers. And what would they have said if he had to take time to call his mum? He was a grown man!


     She paused a while, letting his words sink in: You had a girlfriend didn't you? Then why don't I have grandkids?
     Mum!! I'm not old enough to have kids yet! Why are you asking me anyway? Oriana is the one who's married?
     Oriana sighed this time: I'm not that much older than you Marco! And what me and Selim chose to do is none of your business!
     Oh? He exclaimed. Where is loverboy anyway?! Why isn't he here with you?
     For the love of... He's working Marco! She spit it out. Truth was that he was working a lot, and she suspected she was terrified of both her brother and her daddy.


      SHUT UP!!! Gard shouted at them, all of them. Iva gave him the evil eye, but stayed silent for a change. He turned to his son: Are you done working undercover? 
     Yes sir.... Marco was a lot meeker this time.
     Good. Welcome home boy, he slapped his bony hand on his shoulder, making the boy grunt. He still had it.
     Yeah, I'm glad you're safe Marco. Oriana said. Nothing like a little yelling to make kids listen. I have to go. I want to have some time with my husband before he goes to bed. 


     As Oriana left, Iva turned to her son: About those grandchildren......


     For the love of......

---------------------------------------------

     Even if it was good having their son back, Marco seemed to struggle with a few things.
     No, I'm not interested. He then quickly hung up.


     He seemed to be getting a lot of phonecalls. Not that it was anything strange about that.


     It was more the way he kept reacting to them: I've told you no! Stop phoning me!


      He didn't tell them he'd had his heart broken, and highly preferred crying alone in his room. Like a real man!

 
     And it didn't seem like he was the only one. Gard finally met his son- in- law for the first time. Him and his daughter had married the same day she graduated. He seemed nice enough, but he automatically disliked the wellmannered, friendly young man. Oriana was his little ninja- girl, not this blokes!!


     You can always move back home if things don't work out with your husband! Gard knew how to show his daughter he respected her decisions. Especially since his son in law stood right next to him!


     Daddy... Oriana looked tired. Selim is a great guy! Everything is fine! It really is. She smiled at him. Really dad, everything is fine!


     Iva and Gard discussed their daughter afterwards: Yeah, I get it. You don't like the nice young man. But Orianas a grown woman, she can make her own decisions! Ofcourse she was right, Iva often was.
     But I don't have to like him, right? It was a dads right to dislike his daughters boyfriends. No matter how great they were!



      
     Ofcourse not. Iva sighed. Somethings obviously not right between them, but don't jump to any conclusions. They are very young! It's probably just some started problems. 
     We didn't have any starter- problems.... he answered.
     We were a lot older when we got married...
     Not to mention that Ivas witch dad had been dead. That probably helped a lot. Like her brother hadn't been hard enough to handle.
--------------------------------------------------


      The best part of the day is to sit in the kitchen with a coffe. Few things beats a standard morning ritual. He was finally settling in to the routines of the police force, and couldn't wait to spend more time with his co- workers. His partner, Dominic, seemed like a pretty decent fellow.


      Had he just seen that?


     Errr.... mum? Marco looked at his mums face, he didn't want to see the rest of it.
     Yes sweety? Few things were better than to start the day with cake.
     How are you feeling? 
     Good sweety. Did you sleep well tonight? 
     I slept well, thank you. A long silence appeared.
     

     Are you aware that you're naked? 
     Yes. Iva really liked cake. Hey, maybe she could bake some pie!
     Can't you put something on? It was worth a try atleast.
     My house, my rules. Iva said, enjoying the rest of her cake. Strangely enough Marco left early for work.



    So, should we write the house over to Marco? Oriana didn't want any part of it.. Iva looked at her husband. Maybe it was time for her to start putting clothes back on again. She highly preffered beeing butt naked.
     I like you better naked to.. Gard answered. He'd love to have both his kids back in the house, even if it meant Iva would start putting clothes back on.
     Stop doing that.... What about the house?
     Sounds like a good idea...


     We've saved up a ton of simoleons!! How about we get a bigger house?
     Iva, Gard stared thoughtfully into the distance, that's a brilliant idea..
     Let's use U.R.U.Buildservice!! They are really fast!! That company got a house up in a matter of hours!!
     Don't they just build terrible blockhouses, and keep forgetting fixing the gardens? Gard wanted a pretty house...
     Yeah, but it's still a house right?
---------------------------------------------------
No surprise for anyone there I guess. But it was done for a reason. I wanted everyone to think it was Oriana that was the heir, but she wasn't! Hah!! That's my version of eeeevil!!!  I had a hard time choosing this time, but Marco won the roll so in the end I honored that.

Yes, I'm building them a new house. It won't be pretty, but it will be a lot bigger. And hopefully easier to take pictures in. Maybe I'll download one later on, but for now: blockhouse!

Iva decided it was a good idea not to put her clothes back on after her shower. I'm easily entertained and thought it was funny.... And yes, that's a bellybutton piercing on Marco, and I forgot to remove "purpleshirt" in the all but one picture.

Sorry about the pictures of Oriana and the gang in the rain. They are dark, crowded and all bad. But I'm to lazy to do it again. 

poses by Sunny (as usual), mypalsims and sea
Thanks for reading

6 kommentarer:

  1. Once you mentioned his belly button piercing, of course I had to go back up and look. Once upon a time (last year) I had one too! It was silver with a little green gem <3 Ah, I kinda miss it...

    I KNEW IT! I knew Marco was the police man! Haha! Undercover work? That would be really fun to do, wouldn't it? Ah, as long as he's still alive, and he looks kinda sexy in a police uniform. Or maybe its because I just love the hat...

    I thought as soon as Oriana's marriage was mentioned that she wasn't heir. I thought that was either SP's work, or your work to make sure that SP doesn't screw stuff up.

    Good luck on house building! I share the hatred of it. I usually try and base it off a plan but then it goes wrong... *sigh*

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Oddly enough I've only found one bellybutton piercing for sim males, and it wasn't that fancy.

      When I was young (gets cane) the local drugaddicts got a new member. He looked as worn- out as the rest of them. So it was quite a surprise when he turned out to be an undercover cop. Marcos story was actually stolen from that. Not sure if it's fun though.

      SP married Oriana and Selim as soon as she got kicked out, it's been working nicely with me as of late. It's unnerving.

      I hate building houses to, so I just make them into blocks. The new one has a flat roof, so it can be expanded upwards to a bigger block :)

      Slett
  2. Yay! I was right about Marco being the cop. It was blind optimism, really. I had honestly thought he was dead and that Oriana was heir. I'm glad Marco is heir.

    I hope SP continues to be kind to Oriana. I really do like her, even if she is a brat.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I couldn't kill Marco, the family isn't big enough to kill off sims yet;)

      SPs been really nice to Oriana, or quiet atleast. There's few pop- ups for her. Which is good, probably.

      Slett
  3. I can't see that belly button ring nearly well enough. Perhaps a nice up close pic or 10? :D Ooooh, snap he's a good lookin' sim. Sorry, back to catching up, I couldn't help myself. ;)

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. It's technically not a ring, but one of those other things. 10 close ups? No problem ;)

      Slett